Tash Yar "Yesterday's Enterprise" Costume






Angelo Cifaldi recently added a top notch costume to his collection, the Tasha Yar Yesterday's Enterprise costume.  Here is what Angelo had to say about it:

I got it from John Nichols in August of 2013. I started collecting costumes and props at the Christies Auction in Oct 2006 and continued through Its a Warp on eBay and thereafter to the present. My focus was and is the TNG TV series and the TNG movies. My goal from the beginning was to get costumes and props from every major weekly crew member and major characters from the movies and TV Series. I also wanted items from my favorite TV episodes and my favorite guest characters. Since there were so few Tasha Yar costumes and due to the fact that I focused first on the characters that appeared in all the seasons of TNG or many seasons Tasha Yar only became a focus after I achieved my initial goals. Thus, for about 4 years I have been looking for a Yar. Since John knew my want list he  contacted me when he was looking to sell the costume as he refined his collection. With the addition of Tasha Yar the only other major recurring character I am missing is Miles O'Brien.



Tasha Yar's Alternate Timeline Uniform

Worn by Denise Crosby as Tasha Yar in the iconic Star Trek: TNG season three episode #163 “Yesterday’s Enterprise,” which aired the week of February 19, 1990.  

The Episode:

While on a routine mission, the Enterprise-D discovers a bizarre rift in space, which reveals an unidentified vessel which is revealed to be the Enterprise-C.  Both ships are now on an alternate time line, with Tasha Yar alive, where the Federation is in the midst of a bloody war with the Klingons.  

The Costume:

The modified third season style Starfleet jumpsuit uniform is gold and black with an altered collar and black cuffs with gold piping.  The belt is reflective silver colored vinyl with black vinyl trim with two molded resin gold metallic Starfleet emblem badges.  Replica com badge and rank pips complete the costume. The TNG wardrobe tag reads: “Ep 163 ...Tasha  Denise Crosby  1 military style Starfleet uniform. gold & blk.”  Christie’s 40 Years of Star Trek, Lot 636, Friday, October 6, 2006.



A fine costume from one of TNG's best episodes.  Angelo scored!

Alec

Comments